Update: Northparkes’ response to COVID-19 – 23 March 2020
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, the Northparkes Leadership Team remains committed to following the advice of the government and health professionals, to ensure we are able to manage the potential exposure and risk of COVID-19 in our workplace.
The health and safety of our employees, contractors, their families and the local community in which we live and work, remains our top priority during this pandemic.
We have taken a proactive approach and implemented precautionary and preventative measures where possible. These measures include:
- Screening of temperatures for all workers at Access Control on entry to site
- Introducing a Passive Health Screen Questionnaire
- Actively encouraging employees who are experiencing flu like symptoms to stay home
- Reiterating the importance of respiratory and hand hygiene in the workplace
- Increasing cleaning services onsite to seven days a week
- Cancelling all non-critical domestic business travel
- Restricting site access to all non-essential visitors
- Cancelling all training, conferences and professional development. Essential training will be performed on a as needs basis (e.g. inductions).
In addition to this, as of tomorrow, all non-operational employees / contractors will be working remotely to avoid unnecessary human to human contact.
From an operational perspective, we are continuing to work through various scenarios to ensure we are able to minimise the impact to our daily operation.
COVID-19 is a global situation that is moving fast, and we are and will continue to do everything we can to prevent the spread in our local community.