Date & time
There is no blasting scheduled for weeks commencing 29 May and 4 June. The remainder of the June schedule will be communicated when prepared.
* times may vary depending on weather or other concerns
Compliance and management
The details of our compliance requirements and approvals can be found on our website under Environmental Management Plans, Programs and Reports: https://www.northparkes.com/news/reports-and-policies#publications
The two main documents to be aware of are:
- Northparkes Mines Project Approvals (Department of Planning and Environment website); and
- Blast Management Plan
Below is some important information regarding our management relating to surface blasting and surface mining:
- There are specific overpressure and ground vibration criteria limits that our operations must not exceed. It is important to note that noise and vibrations below these limits may still be heard or felt, however they will not impact your infrastructure;
- Neighbors within 2 km of an approved open cut mining pit are entitled to ask for a property inspection to establish the baseline condition of any buildings or structures on their land, or to have a previous property inspection report updated;
- The open cuts are limited to one blast event per day, unless the blast is below 0.5 mm/s at any residence on privately-owned land;
- The surface blasting event must be between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Saturday inclusive. No surface blasting is allowed on Sundays or public holidays;
- This website and text messages (for closest residents) will be used to provide up-to-date information on the proposed blasting schedule;
- Data from vibration monitoring will be included into the quarterly website reports
- If you have any concerns, or would like to lodge a formal complaint, you can call 02 6861 3556 or contact one of the Environment and Farm Team members.